UPDF sends 28 senior air force officers to Somalia
07-08-2012- The Uganda Peoples Defense Forces has today flagged off a contingent of 28 senior officers to the Somali capital Mogadishu.
Also dispatched are several AU aircrafts meant to strengthen the war-torn country’s air force ahead of this month’s elections.
The team was flagged off by the Chief of Defence Forces Gen, Aronda Nyakairima and the Commander of the Air Force Lt. Gen. Jim Owesigire.
Gen. Nyakairima said the team will specifically be mandated to boost the air force and other sectors.
He says this is a great opportunity for Uganda to further help the country as it prepares for the August 20th polls.
Aronda adds that it is also a great boost to the AMISOM Force which has been operating without an air force. He challenged the officers to maintain high levels of discipline while they execute their duties.
News in English
- Somaliland Minister Rejects Control of Airspace By Somalia Govt
- Somali Government gives green light to the New Deal process launched in Mogadishu today
- Al_Ameriki's Battle: Al-Shabaab Fighters Loyal to Godane Reportedly Kill Al-Amriki
- Rebuilding Somalia: Giving Extremists a Second Chance
- Defense Minister: Nation Can't Afford Weapons
- Rebuilding Somalia: David Cameron Pledges Support Somalia (Video)
- The London Meeting: OPENING ADDRESS BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF SOMALIA
- Rebuilding Somalia: Somali Government adopts new public finance management policy
- IN Somalia: Hospitals See Fewer War Victims
- Somali Government concerned by the worsening situation of Somali refugees in Yemen
- Controversy Over Dismissal of Motion On Somalia-Somaliland Agreement
- Al Amriki Tweets About Al Shabaab Assassination Attempt
- Somali and Kenyan Presidents in bilateral meeting ahead of London Conference
- Prime Minister galvanizes security forces as reforms take hold
- The world will see that Somalia has turned the corner, Prime Minister tells UK Foreign Secretary
- Government Will Not Recognise Jubbaland Conference, Guled Says
- Somalia: Wind Brings Light to Somaliland
- Somalia targets Shell, Eni for oil, gas output-sharing contracts
- Prime Minister calls on security forces and police to bring journalist killer to justice
- Somalia's young army recruits face uphill battle for credibility
- Somalia the yardstick in new deal for conflict-affected countries
- 9 killed by gunman in Kenyan city near Somali border; police blame al-Qaida-allied militants
- STATEMENT BY HASSAN SHEIKH MOHAMOUD, ON BAHAR DAR FORUM FOR SECURITY AND ORGANIZED CRIMES
- Somalia takes major step forward on counter-terrorism
- In Rebuilding Armed Forces, Somalia Faces Challanges
Opinion - Fikrado
- Iskumilanka Madaxtooyada iyo Baarlamaanka waa Lug iyo Luqun Isi Suran
- Faallo: Nina Hooskiisa Ma Harsado
- Faalo: Wajigabaxii Labaad Ee Dawladu Kala Kulantay Kismaayo Raaskaamboodiyeenteeda! (2)
- Somaliyeey, furrsad weyn ayaa jirto maanta by Ahmed-haadi Muhumad
- Madaxweyne Sh Shariif ma la tabay mise anaa mooday by Farah Warsame
- Hantidii Ummada Laheed Goormaa loo Celin? by Faysal Ahmed
- Somaliarising after two decades of civil war and unrest by Muddassar Ahmed
- What’s the Future forSomalia after August 20 by Axmed Farax
- Adeegsiga Af Qalaad Qiil ma loo Hayaa? by M Aden
- Ninba Dahab Lumay Si u Doondoon-by Kaafi Farey